Vacuum dryers for small to medium sized carpenter’s workshops
The ISVE EM2V and EM5V vacuum dryer are been designed and manufactured especially for small to medium sized carpenter’s workshops, with small quantities of wood to be dried, but requiring high quality and short drying times.
The plant is equipped with a control computer to facilitate the programming of the process. There is no difficulty involved in learning the technology.
This system (Vacutronic) can operate using three different modes:
- completely automatic;
The variation of each parameter can be displayed by connecting the dryer computer to a normal PC using Windows. With this system, besides having remote control of the cycle, it is possible to store all the phase’s process.
The plant, operating at low temperatures, allows the water in the wood to be treated to evaporate without making it undergo temperature changes that could cause cracks or deformations. Thanks to a steam generator and to the water evaporated from the wood during drying, the surfaces of the material are kept humid, thus avoiding the formation of small cracks, present in other drying systems.
The level of humidity necessary between the environment and the material, is constantly controlled by a condenser which precipitates the vapour in suspension.
The air conditioning of the drying chamber is maintained thanks to an electric fan with heating elements which heats the air made to circulate in the pile of wood.
This process of conditioning of the environment followed by a vacuum cycle, starts the transmigration process of the water through the cell walls of the wood, from the interior to the surface, from where the water is continually evaporated until the drying conditions wanted are reached.
The condensate deposits on the bottom of the autoclave is periodically drained off in order to maintain the environment conditions stable.
- PERFECT RESULTS due to: no cracks and no warping; no colour changes; no internal tension; unchanged strength of the dried material.
- POSSIBILITY OF DRYING: very thick material and with a very high humidity level; such as planks and wood of all kinds, semi-finished items.
- LOW OPERATING COSTS thanks to: low thermal loss; a rational use of thermal and electric energy; no need of manual operations.
- LOW MAINTENANCE COSTS deriving from: simple and rational construction; simple automatic devices; anticorrosive materials.
Main features of EM2V e EM5V dryers
– in AISI 304 stainless steel;
– lined with insulating material 50 mm thick.
- Electric control panel with microprocessor for automatic running and stopping of the drying process.
- Humidity control probes of a sample element.
- Manual removal of trolley with the following characteristics:
– Capacity equal to a 700 x 700 mm pile with a length of 6,000 mm.
– External tracks for sliding the trolley.
- Heating using 3 elements positioned at the bottom of the autoclave.
- Hydraulic vacuum pump complete with condensate system.
- Humidification system with steam generator.
- 600 mm diameter fan
- Aluminium strips, 20 mm thick